I grabbed this pitcher for a few bucks at our goodwill. I mut have been really anxious to paint it because I forgot to take a before picture but it had some ugly flowers on it. So I spray primed it.
Then I spray painted it with a few coats of antique white rustoleum. But it actually didn't stick very well. It bubbled in places and kinda cracked in a few other places. So I had it in my garage while I figured out what i was going to do. I was hand painting primer on another project when I decided I would just slap some on the pitcher.
And I actually liked the result. You could see some brushstrokes and it wasn't perfect but at least it covered well and there weren't bubbles or cracks. It is a little antique-ish looking and rustic which is fine by me :)
I picked up some blue hydrangeas at Michael's and I already had some long green grass looking stuff to fill it with. I stuffed some plastic bags in there to get the arrangement positioned like I wanted it and it worked like a charm!
I think it looks fabulous on hubby's dresser!